Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ugh - seperation anxiety.

I'm taking this time to discuss something I've never dealt with - seperation anxiety in regards to an animal. Maybe there was a reason my mother would never let me have a pet growing up.

Pablo's parents are on a much deserved vacation for a week and a half - but while they're living it up on the beaches of Mexico, Pablo and I are caring for Maya, their whippet. I thought this would be a wonderful experience. I've been wanting a dog, and thought this would be a good trial run. And it has been. I don't think we'll ever get a dog in the city. Or have children. For a long time.

Now, I don't know why I thought Maya would just accept her new life in our small NYC apartment. I mean, who wouldn't want to stay in a studio all day alone? But yesterday, when I left for work, it was all I could do not to cry and run back inside when I heard her howling and scratching on the door.

She did it this morning too. I have no idea for how long. I hope my neighbors don't break down our door.

I'm going home from work in three hours. I don't know who's having a harder time with this - Maya or me. Or if I'm worried about her because I truly worry about her well being - or I'm just afraid our new carpet is going to be ruined by the excrements of a dog in panic.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home